Skip to main content

More samples again!

I ordered even more samples from PDA last week!

Although I did say I had ordered enough samples & was ready to start the invites, or at least the mock-ups, I had been toying with the idea of a backing patterned paper or card for a while. I couldn't find any patterned paper which looked right with the other colours so I decided I needed a plain backing card in a different colour, preferably grey.

I was able to use the swatch pack I ordered last time to decide which colours to try and I ordered two different greys in different sizes to see what would look best with the pocketfolds & gatefolds.

PDA Colorplan Card - Col29 Dark Grey {the one I prefer on the left} & Col50 Smoke in front of Col25 Amethyst

I think I prefer the darker grey in the larger size so I'm definitely going to start the mock-ups soon so I can get everything ordered.

Dark grey backing card inside the amethyst gatefold

I also got another gatefold card sample, this time a square, as another option for the evening invites which I think would tie in better with the square pocketfolds we are using for the day invites.

I found a website today, Swift-Hart Boxes, that do cheap Berisford satin and grosgrain ribbon which I am looking for to make either a belly band to hold the pocketfolds / gatefolds closed or just to wrap around them. They stock the same ribbon at Hobbycraft so I'm going to pop in sometime this weekend and get 1m of each type {satin Smoked Grey & grosgrain Grey} to see what they look like against the backing card grey. Then I will use the purple satin ribbon I already have, and that I used on the save the dates, on the inside of the invite as planned. It looks a lot better against white than the amethyst card.

While searching for the ribbon, I also discovered that V V Rouleaux, who sell the same satin ribbon, sell it by the metre and in their widest width, 70mm, that we may use for the flowergirls dress sash.

Comments

  1. Thinking of your ribbon, I went to the most amazing haberdashery on Monday with my mother-in-law to find frog fasteners for the coat she's making me. Its called Kleins and is amazing! It had everything imaginable. Seriously visit if you get a chance. They also have a website http://www.kleins.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours together. So chic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you; thanks for leaving a comment!