Skip to main content

Sunday Lunch {Recap}

We woke up the next morning and couldn't believe that the day we had planned for months was over. As usual I rushed around getting ready so we could make sure we didn't miss breakfast. It felt a little odd going down to breakfast with a dress on but I had only brought one thing to wear to our lunch later on. I also still had my hair up from the day before, just a little messier!

We met everyone at breakfast and I remember when we went to speak to Grahams mum, aunt & Nana, that his Nana welcomed me to the family! We sat down beside friends to eat our breakfast and chatted about the day before. After taking with everyone for a while, we headed back up to our room to get ready for lunch.

Our room was fantastic as we had been upgraded to a junior suite, rather than the executive room we should have had, probably because the hotel was so busy. I was really glad at the time that we had chosen to stay for two nights, since we hardly were in the room the day / night before. As well as the bedroom and main bathroom downstairs, there were stairs leading up to a sitting area and massive walk in shower room upstairs.

Once we were ready we went down to meet everyone for lunch. We had asked the hotel to provide sandwiches, shortbread and tea & coffee, along with what was left of the wedding cake from the day before. Although their smaller function rooms were all booked, they allowed us to reserve the lounge area, which meant we weren't getting in the way of other guests in the restaurant. We invited all of our family & friends who stayed at the hotel to join us for lunch, and most stayed, except for one of Grahams aunts and one set of grandparents. It was lovely to get a chance to speak to everyone properly, especially those family who had come from far away, before we left for honeymoon, and I'm so glad we decided to wait until Monday to fly. No one seemed to take any pictures of the lunch so the only one I have is the one below, with two of my bridesmaids.

The hotel had gathered up all of the items that were left on the tables the day before including the top tier of the cake, flowers, table names, table plan, placecards and favours. We gave out the flowers then put everything else into Dads car, to be taken back to their house. We had forgotten things like my dress bag & hanger so once dad had done one trip home with everyone else, he came back for us with the bag. While we were packing up all of our stuff, I snapped a few pictures of my dress. It wasn't too dirty really and I have to admit that I still haven't actually got round to getting it dry cleaned and its still hanging at my parents house.

We went back to my parents first to see everyone and open some gifts that we hadn't had a chance to earlier. We spent some time with my aunt and uncle from Australia since we wouldn't get a chance to see them again before they went home, as well as my parents, my other aunt & uncle, my sister, her fiance and my nephew. After saying our goodbyes, we headed back to our flat to drop stuff off and finish packing our honeymoon cases.

Once we were finished, Dad drove us back to Norton House, where we were staying again, since we didn't need to be at the airport until 10am the next morning. We had dinner in the restaurant then enjoyed the champagne the hotel had left in our room on the wedding day, before calling it a night, excited that we were about to leave for our fabulous honeymoon, our first stop Sri Lanka!


  1. Your hotel room looks/sounds awesome! Can't wait to hear about your honeymoon! :)

  2. What a posh hotel room! It's really lovely that you got to see everyone in the morning, it's the one thing about our wedding I'd maybe have changed if I could have!

  3. It's awesome that you were able to do a lunch! We left for our honeymoon the next day, so we weren't able to, though some of our relatives did manage to meet up.

  4. hahaha I can't believe you still had your hair up! I was desperate for a shower and to get all those pins out.
    I loved having breakfast with all our guests.


Post a Comment

I love hearing from you; thanks for leaving a comment!