Skip to main content

Christmas in October!

In what has become a bit of a tradition since my nephew was born, we are spending the October school break in the Peak District with my parents, aunt & uncle and my sister, brother-in-law and nephew. My cousin is also coming down to join us for the first weekend. This may be the last year we all get to holiday together for a while since my sister, brother-in-law and nephew are about to emigrate to Perth, Australia.

Since we wont all be together for Christmas this year, we are having Christmas dinner tomorrow instead, including a tree, cake, chocolates and crackers! Even if they had been staying in London we still wouldn't have been together as my niece is due on boxing day and I will be too pregnant to travel by then. My parents are now going to Australia for Christmas and we will be with Grahams family so its lovely we can have an early celebration together.

There may be internet access but since the house is on a farm in the middle of nowhere there probably wont be; hopefully there is at least 3G reception! I'm looking forward to relaxing, enjoying doing not a lot and visiting all the little villages nearby. We are taking my sister to the airport on our last day so I'm sure there will be plenty of tears before we then go and stay with Grahams sister in Sheffield for the weekend.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend and Merry Christmas!

Comments

  1. Have a great trip, and happy Christmas in October!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! Sounds great, I have no idea what we'll do for our first married Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun to celebrate Christmas early! Thanks for stopping by my blog with the well wishes! Congrats on your baby boy, how exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Xmas my dear! (Can you wish me a happy halloween at Christmas? ;))

    ReplyDelete
  5. how fun! hope your christmas was wonderful...last one without baby :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you; thanks for leaving a comment!