Skip to main content

28 Weeks

I am currently 29+5 weeks {in my 30th week}, and the baby is the size of a cucumber!


We went for a 4D scan when I was 26 weeks so that we could see the baby again, show Holden what a scan was like and confirm it was a girl before we buy anything else.


It was lovely to see the baby again and show Holden the baby in mummy's tummy. The sonographer confirmed it was as girl and think she thought around 2lb. She wasn't really in the best position for the pictures but we managed to get a few after wriggling around a bit and eating some sweets and fizzy juice. Although my placenta is also at the front this time around, I'm definitely feeling a lot more movement than I ever did with Holden and this time I can even see her moving at the front, and Graham can feel some kicks, which we never really did with Holden. On the way home from the scan we stopped at Gap so I could buy a dress I had seen for the baby.

As you can see my bump is growing a lot and there are only some of my normal tops that I can still wear. Im stretching out wearing my coat but I'm definitely going to have to look for another to last me through the winter months.


I saw the midwife at 28 weeks and everything is going well. Graham's parents came to watch Holden so I could go alone as I had to get blood taken and my Anti-D injection. I heard the heartbeat again and am measuring slightly under at 27 weeks but again the midwife isn't concerned. I won't see the midwife again until January, when I am 35 weeks but I was given an appointment to see the consultant in December, so that we can discuss options for the birth, after what happened during Holden's. (I might actually write about that soon!) I also had an appointment last week to get my whooping cough vaccine.

We haven't got much further with sorting the spare room or the baby's room, as we are currently storing a lot of Christmas presents in there, but we have got the wallpaper, shelves and a changing mat ready. One of my friends has just had her baby and i'm looking forward to meeting the new arrival.

We have just got back from a weekend in Grassington at their Dickensian Festival with family and friends which was a lovely way to get in to the christmas spirit. This weekend I am looking forward to meeting the B6 girls in Edinburgh for our annual Christmas secret santa swap.

Comments