Skip to main content

Holden: 15 Months

Holden's 15th monthly photo, taken on the 1st of every month.


Holden turned 15 months old two weeks ago. We celebrated our 3rd Wedding anniversary on the 3rd of April with a quiet night in with a takeaway then the rest of April was quite busy. We went swimming, to toddler group, bookbugs and met friends at the park, enjoyed a lunch with my aunt then a dinner with Grahams family. Once my parents returned from their trip to Australia, we enjoyed lunch with Grandad one day then dinner with Granny too after taking them to visit the show homes at our new house development. Holden went to a superhero themed birthday party wearing a batman t-shirt as we couldn't find a costume small enough. I got to have a night in with my friends where we enjoyed a few cocktails and also enjoyed a coffee after work with friends one night, which I hadn't done for a long time. We spent the day at a farm with My Spare Thoughts and her daughter, then met them again the week after in Glasgow for coffee, cake and lunch with This Girl Is... too. We visited the zoo again, for Auntie Hazel's birthday then enjoyed a lovely dinner in South Queensferry. The next day we had a birthday lunch with all the family at Nana's house. At the end of the month, my parents kept Holden for the night and we went out to celebrate Graham's Grans 80th birthday.


Holden continues to eat almost everything the nursery give him and we have discovered that he hates anything bland and prefers strong tastes. Taco mince and curry have been recent hits and baked beans are probably his favourite thing just now, along with porridge, fruit pouches and cheerio's for breakfast. The only thing he isn't great with are sandwiches so I'm trying to think of ideas for quick lunches. I've not had him weighed and there are still no more teeth but I think some are about to come through. I stopped feeding Holden in the morning after the 21st and now only feed him in the evening. He is walking really well now and attempting to run when he can, which is interesting. He's started properly waving and still loves to clap. I ended up having to take him back to the doctors as his cough was still there three weeks after we had last been at the doctor. Again, it was just a virus, probably from nursery, so nothing can be done.


This month I finally finished making and writing all of Holden's Christmas and birthday thank you cards and got them all sent and I eventually posted photos of Holden's Nursery. We also booked our flights for our trip to Florida at the end of November with Graham's parents, sister and brother in law, which we all cant wait for. In May we are going to have dinner at Martin Wishart with our voucher from Christmas, Holden has another birthday party to attend and we hope to see family from Wales who will be visiting.

I'm going to take the same photos every month if I can, beside his bunny and standing beside his penguin. {This month I didn't get a chance to take all of the photos until the 3rd!}

Comments

  1. Cute pictures! I love that stuffed penguin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather; I think the penguin is still my favourite thing too! x

      Delete
  2. He is so adorable in this pic!!! Love that he's enjoying strong flavors, I hope our baby is the same way, makes adjusting to adult foods even easier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KJ; not sure why he likes strong flavours, I'm thinking it could have been all the strong things I ate while pregnant & feeding him maybe but who knows! x

      Delete
  3. That picture of H chatting to the penguin. My heart just exploded. ALSO. We need to meet up again soon for cake and chat. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you; thanks for leaving a comment!