Skip to main content

More samples again!

I ordered even more samples from PDA last week!

Although I did say I had ordered enough samples & was ready to start the invites, or at least the mock-ups, I had been toying with the idea of a backing patterned paper or card for a while. I couldn't find any patterned paper which looked right with the other colours so I decided I needed a plain backing card in a different colour, preferably grey.

I was able to use the swatch pack I ordered last time to decide which colours to try and I ordered two different greys in different sizes to see what would look best with the pocketfolds & gatefolds.

PDA Colorplan Card - Col29 Dark Grey {the one I prefer on the left} & Col50 Smoke in front of Col25 Amethyst

I think I prefer the darker grey in the larger size so I'm definitely going to start the mock-ups soon so I can get everything ordered.

Dark grey backing card inside the amethyst gatefold

I also got another gatefold card sample, this time a square, as another option for the evening invites which I think would tie in better with the square pocketfolds we are using for the day invites.

I found a website today, Swift-Hart Boxes, that do cheap Berisford satin and grosgrain ribbon which I am looking for to make either a belly band to hold the pocketfolds / gatefolds closed or just to wrap around them. They stock the same ribbon at Hobbycraft so I'm going to pop in sometime this weekend and get 1m of each type {satin Smoked Grey & grosgrain Grey} to see what they look like against the backing card grey. Then I will use the purple satin ribbon I already have, and that I used on the save the dates, on the inside of the invite as planned. It looks a lot better against white than the amethyst card.

While searching for the ribbon, I also discovered that V V Rouleaux, who sell the same satin ribbon, sell it by the metre and in their widest width, 70mm, that we may use for the flowergirls dress sash.

Comments

  1. Anonymous8/10/09 08:40

    Thinking of your ribbon, I went to the most amazing haberdashery on Monday with my mother-in-law to find frog fasteners for the coat she's making me. Its called Kleins and is amazing! It had everything imaginable. Seriously visit if you get a chance. They also have a website http://www.kleins.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours together. So chic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you; thanks for leaving a comment!